Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time to Face up to it

Today was the day that I surrendered myself to the gym to be fully evaluated and as you can see from this photo, it's not a pretty picture. They have one of those wonderful scales that not only measures your weight but also fat%, Muscle% and bone density.
You know when I look at this photo, this is not how I feel and I feel very ashamed that I've let my self go this far. The majority of this weight was put on after Dane first Open Heart surgery. I was already 10kg overweight when he was born, but the extra 15kg that came later and that is purely comfort eating & drinking!
Anyway back to those wonderful scales. What I did learn is that I am 45% fat! Can you believe it, nearly half of me is fat.
The good news is that all my other measurements, bone density, muscle% and fat around the organs were all in the healthy range. My blood pressure and resting heart rate were all good too. Which means apart being a big fat pear the rest of my insides are not in too bad shape.
Belinda, my trainer seem to really understand what I am wanting to achieve and I finally feel like I'll get the right kind of support to achieve my goals.
Dane has his Cardio appointment tomorrow, fingers crossed, all will be fine. Ironically hospital's are really bad places to find healthy food and emotionally I don't handle going back to them..so many bad memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment